... because it is an adventure placed in beautiful nature
Croatia, Italy, Greece, Montenegro, Slovenia and Spain. Alone on a beach or visiting a town in a group. Every day on another place. Or every second day. As you wish. One moment in an unspoilt medieval town, another in the natural beauty of coastal national parks in the Adriatic. The choice is yours.
What is it all about?
It is a holiday in which, depending on your mood, you can decide where and how to spend your time. If you want peace and quiet, you can visit one of the many empty coves or a small fishing village. If you are in more of a partying mood, you can watch the sunset from a seafood restaurant and then attend a beach party or dance till sunrise in a nightclub.
Sailing cannot be static or boring. You can approach it as a sport and get the knack of hoisting a sail or tying sailors knots, or you can simply leave the work to the experienced skipper while you relax and admire the waves and the sea.
If you are travelling in couples, what you will never lack are sea and romance! You can go swimming at any moment and in every place. Perhaps you will even be lucky enough to swim with the dolphins that frequently follow sailing boats. And can you imagine a more romantic evening than being on the deck of a boat under a starlit sky, surrounded by luminescent plankton?
To learn more, open the article Typical sailing day.
Where to catch the wind?
The Mediteranean sea and the coasts of Croatia, Italy, Greece, Slovenia and Montenegro provide the sceneary for one of the most stunning and unspoiled landscapes in Europe (click on images to see big maps).
The Adriatic (the "Mediteranean as it once was") is an ideal place for sailing. It is safe, with plenty of wind and sun and over 1700 islands, islets and cliffs to explore. The climate is warm and Mediterranean, with an average 25°C sea temperature in summer.
This is also a unique area in Europe for enjoying the underwater world.
Here are the facts about the four beautiful countries in this area: Croatia, Italy, Slovenia and Montenegro (will open in new window).
More information about geography, countries and towns can be found in section People & Places.
For detailed maps of our suggested routes and itineraries, please look in the Sailing Routes section.
Why is sailing our passion?
Let us tell you why we love sailing. Perhaps this will reflect your own adventure and dreams.
- The indescribable sense of freedom while admiring the natural splendour of the Mediterranean.
- Feeling the heat of the sun and the wind blowing on your skin.
- Watching the extraordinary sight of dolphins playing and dancing around the boat.
- Diversity and spontaneity. Travelling every day to a different place, with a new splendour behind every promontory.
- Experiencing the thrill provided by a strong wind: sailing rapidly and feeling the sea-spray.
- Lying on the deck while sailing during the day, swimming at night in luminescent plankton under starlit skies.
- Hearing the calming sounds of the sea and wind, free from any noise of motors.
- Swimming every day at any moment in crystal clear waters.
- Dreaming sweet dreams ... (A sailing boat rocks one to sleep like a baby in a cradle!)
For those of you who would like to to read more about magic world of sailing, we have prepared the whole section named Spice Elements.
We hope you will enjoy reading it. More about Sailboats Here www.sailboatcharterdeals.com