Interested in sailing, but have never dared to sail by yourself? Use this chance and finally become a sailor! Sailing a yacht is not as complicated as it may seem to you. The basics can be learned quickly. All you need is a lot of practice. Realize your dream of becoming a sailor and enrol in our one-week sailing school in Croatia, which will prepare you to take an exam and become a day skipper!
One week of education in our school consists of the introduction to seamanship, including both theoretical and practical education, which enables the student to independently manoeuvre a sailing yacht or to become a part of a sailing crew.
The school is held by an experienced instructor on board a sailing yacht. Previous sailing knowledge of seamanship is not necessary. The course is taught on 3-, 4- or 5-cabin charter yachts, which are a standard in the charter business.
Our sailing school prepares its participants for real situations which await a nautical tourist in the Adriatic (and the most of the Mediterranean). The school offers all the necessary knowledge and skills that enable the participant to independently charter a yacht in a charter company, safely manoeuvre the yacht and return it to its base in perfect condition.
Duration: 1 week, from Saturday, 18:00 h to Saturday, 08:00 h Accommodation: a sailing yacht equipped for accepting a number of people for several days Departure base: Rogač, Šolta island, Split region.
- Getting to know the yacht, its parts, systems and instruments
- Obligatory and safety equipment and its use
- Learning about the documents necessary to charter a yacht and to sail legally
- Basic safety on board – fire protection, safety measures and first aid
- Basics of navigation, using nautical charts and handbooks
- Engine operations and maintenance
- Meteorology in the Adriatic
- Boating knots
- Basics of sailing
- Manoeuvres and procedures
- Maritime affairs, Maritime Code, rules for avoiding collisions at sea
- Naval radiotelephony and signalisation
- Practical application of theoretical knowledge
- Manoeuvres of sailing out
- Docking astern
- Docking alongside
- Catching the buoy
- Trimming and reefing
- Practising to manoeuvre a yacht, both with sails and powered by engine