Sailing adventures would not be as exciting if there were not for the gastronomic pleasures that come along the way. Croatian coast is proud of numerous exclusive restaurants offering tasteful specialties of the Mediterannean cuisine and more, including wonderful atmosphere and great winelist. So, charter a yacht in Croati, anchor somewhere nearby and embark on your sailing gastronomadic journey across the Croatian Adriatic. Here is a list of five most exclusive restaurants on the Croatian coast, easily reachable by sailing or motor yachts.
- Nautika, Dubrovnik – romantic restaurant offering wonderful lobster from the island of Vis and fresh Adriatic fish and seafood specialties. It is situated on the very edge of the sea at Pile, alongside the western entrance to Dubrovnik’s Old Town. From its unique terraces, the visitors can enjoy wonderful view of the sea, as well as the fortresses of Lovrijenac and Bokar.
- Plavi podrum, Volosko – traditional, centennial restaurant offering domestic specialties with a touch of modern creativity and sophisticated Mediterranean gastronomy such as fish and seafood specialties marinated in Mediterranean herbs and spices of all sorts. Special attention is paid to wines chosen by one of the renowned European sommeliers, including a variety of cigars in the offer. Situated on the very edge of the sea, in the port of Volosko, easily reachable by boat.
- Foša, Zadar – fish restaurant of the exclusive interior offering numerous renowned fish and seafood specialties with excellent choice of olive oils and wonderful seaview from the terrace. Situated close to the monumental Porta terraferma in the Zadar port of Foša, with the terrace ascending above the sea – you could almost embark off your motor yacht right onto the restaurant itself!
- Wine Vault, Rovinj – a restaurant offering traditional French and Mediterranean cuisine specialties and the widest choice of wines in Croatia (550 wine labels). Some of the renowned specialties include Caviar d’Acquitaine, Raw scallop, Salicornia, mango and tomato salsa, Oyster leafs, Scottish beef sirloin, etc. It is located at the Rovinj’s luxury boutique Monte Mulini hotel, surrounded by beautiful Lone Bay and Zlatni rt Forest Park, just a ten-minute walk to Rovinj’s town centre.
- Pepenero, Novigrad – a place of “top gastronomic pleasure” offering extravagant choice of meals, all home-made, creative and prepared with special care, including 10 varieties of salt, home-made chocolate pralines, sweets made with coffee, tobacco leaves and chocolate, and pastry. Situated by the sea in Novigrad, it is a favourite yacht charter stopover. However, make sure to make a reservation beforehands, for it takes only 16-20 persons at the time (but if you do not make it, the neighbouring sister restaurant Pepebianco will fulfill your gastronomic wishes as well).